Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Kailey's hair

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Monika's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 27th, 2003
    Posts
    46
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Unhappy

    We received the Gold holiday outfit yesterday, which was decided would look good on Kailey - actually fabulous- especially with the gold streaks in her hair. My problem is this: I was fixing Kailey's hair - using the brush from AG, light water spritzing, and combing from the ends as recommended - when I finish I counted more than 20 hairs that had fallen out [img]graemlins/cry.gif[/img]

    I couldn't beleive it because this seems to happen everytime I so much as touch her hair, and at this rate she'll be bald before next Christmas. [img]graemlins/broken_heart.gif[/img]

    Does anyone know if AG will be able to replace her hair/head in the future if needed, since she is a Limited Edition?

    By the way, I also did the two AGoT's hair, and only lost 2 hairs - more acceptable.

    I'm also wondering about the hair that I noticed - from Kailey the hair had a little hook like appearance at one end - assumingly the end from the wig- from the AGoT's the hair looked more like a V- where the hair was twice as long. Has anyone else noticed this? [img]eek.gif[/img]

  2. #2
    Inactive Member annkirstin's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 29th, 2002
    Posts
    405
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    My Samantha seemed to lose quite a bit of hair but she still looks fine so I guess she had a lot to spare.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member samfinasara's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 8th, 2003
    Posts
    24
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    My dolls always lose hair when I brush it. Josefina still looks fine (being only a few years old), but if I put Samantha's hair up in a bun or braids you can tell she's lost hair in back.
    I guess what I just said was kind of pointless, except to say that unless Kailey is losing LOTS of hair every day, I don't think it will really matter for at least a few years.

    Aimee

  4. #4
    Puella Romana
    Guest Puella Romana's Avatar

    Post

    My Kailey shed like a long-haired cat in July. (Okay... redneck-sounding statement of the week...) Yes, she lost hair like crazy no matter how gentely I brushed her hair. She also got hair all over her clothes and everyone elses'. I sold her so I don't know what her hair situation is now but for the month or so I had her she lost quite a bit of hair. My other three dolls have lost just a few hairs and I've had two of them for about a year now.

    Maybe AG is using really cheap wigs on Kailey?

  5. #5
    Inactive Member Miss M's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 3rd, 2003
    Posts
    64
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    My Kailey hasn't lost too much hair but I don't really brush it that much. I do know what you mean Duchess about shedding - I had Kailey dressed as the black cat for Halloween and she had hair all over the costume and it stood out a lot on the black material!

    However all my historical girls seem to lose a lot of hair whenever I brush theirs and I follow the same rules you do Monika [img]graemlins/thinking.gif[/img] I do know that the doll hospital will replace a Lindsey head, so I would imagine in the future (at least for a few years) they would repair a Kailey. You might just want to call and double check to make certain.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •